Thursday, November 13, 2008

Long Drawings


This was one of the first long drawings that we did in class, and I enjoy the simplicity of it.
The line work in it is another part that I feel I did well. I also used the long axis lines in this drawing in a way that really show how the model was positioned.

For this drawing, the difficult part was getting the foreshortening of the right leg. I had to use the negative space to find the forms, and then fill in the positive. I think this one does a good job showing the landmarks. The weakest part of this drawing would probably be the line work. There is not much variation, but the values are pretty evident.

Hour Long
I think this is one of the better drawings I have done. Many of the landmarks on the model are shown. Composition wise, this drawing fit well on the paper, along with a good portion of the figure. The thing that I think makes this one stand out is the mark making and the lines. The left side of the body is shown in more detail and with heavier lines, and the far, right side is left ligher and slightly blurred

1 comment:

Amy Fichter [xenia elizabeth] said...

I agree that the third drawing is the strongest. Nice spinal column and rib cage.

The rib cage looks big/long in relation to the pelvis, which is a common issue for most students--the neck, shoulders, and head should come down. Keep an eye out for this in our long poses in the last two weeks of class.

Line variation is good in this drawing.