Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blog

As far as the blog process goes, I'm not really sure how I feel about it.
On one hand, its a great way to easily display progress, but it can be sort of frustrating to scan/take pictures of all your work and then upload it and all that.
It is definitely a different technique to the traditional critiques and reviews that we get in most classes. One thing that catches my attention most when it comes to blogging is the pictures/photos. I like looking at those much more than actually reading what the student has to say, especially if its a lot of text.
So blogging has its benefits, because it is something a lot of us have never done, and it is pretty simple, but it can also be a bit of a hassle...

1 comment:

Amy Fichter [xenia elizabeth] said...

yes, ryan, I agree with your thoughts on blogging. I know it takes a different kind of time and work to create a blog for a class, but I think the experience will be beneficial especially for designers, as you will be communicating online more and more as you head into the work world. plus, it's just good to be fluent in different kinds of languages, blogging being one.